Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Why I went back to Blogger





Hello everyone. It feels wonderful to be back on Blogger, though I do appreciate Substack. There were aspects of Substack I enjoyed and some I did not. I don't intend to make a detailed comparison of the two platforms. I simply want to share why I returned to Blogger.

Firstly, the community on Substack is incredibly welcoming and supportive. However, I encountered a challenge: most members are professional writers. Unlike them, I haven't written books, run a business, or been writing for years. Many have substantial followings and earn well through paid subscriptions, reaching thousands daily. My modest blog doesn't attract such a large audience.

Another aspect was the potential for rapid audience growth. I understand that building a following takes time, and perhaps I was impatient. Despite trying all the recommended strategies, they didn't yield results for me, while I observed others flourishing. In my view, their pre-established, sizable readership as professional writers likely facilitated their growth.

Design flexibility was another concern with Substack. As someone who values personalization, I found Substack's design options too restrictive. Unlike Blogger, it doesn't offer the same level of freedom to customize your homepage.

In summary, Substack, catering more to professional writers and businesses, wasn't the right fit for me, which led to my return to Blogger. Whether Substack is a suitable platform depends on your needs and goals.

Thanks for reading
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean, other wise they will be deleted